[FC] Front clip (retainer) for FC clutch cable

Kent Sullivan kentsu at corvairkid.com
Fri Nov 2 02:02:52 EDT 2018

Greetings,

I recently discovered that there are at least two styles of the clip that
retains the front end of a FC manual transmission clutch cable. The one on
the cable in my truck didn't last that many clutch actuations before
slipping. Fortunately, Dean Richardson helped me modify my clip to match the
other style, which seems to work much better. The first photo shows the
design of the clip I started with. You can see a dimple, the backside of
which was designed to grab the cable casing. The second and third photos
show two examples of the other design. Hopefully you can see that the
smaller section of that clip style is designed to be crimped so that it
prevents the end of the cable casing from moving forward. If I recall
correctly, the NOS cable in my truck didn't have a clip and we transferred
the one from the previous cable. Thanks also to Duane Wentlandt and Craig
Nicol for researching this and providing the three photos. I'm interested in
knowing which clip was first and for which model years.

Thanks,

--Kent