[FC] adjusting kick down rod

Ken Hand vairmech at aol.com
Wed Oct 7 21:16:47 EDT 2020

The adjustment is pretty simple, disconnect the rod to the trans, open the throttle all the way and hold it there. Now pull pretty hard on the rod going to the trans. See where the adjuster nut is and adjust the nut to fit in the throttle cross shaft while you are pulling pretty hard on the rod to the trans.
As you pull on the rod to the trans you will feel the detentor what feels like the end of the travel, pull harder! You will feel the rod travel another couple of inches, you will feel when you really come to the end of the travel.

Ken Hand
Handy Car Care
248-613-8586
www.corvairmechanic.com

For those that have fought for it, Freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.