[FC] Oil Coming Out Dip Stick Cover

Greg Shaw 65vair180 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 2 21:17:24 EST 2021

Hello, I hope you are all doing well. I have a 64 FC with a truck engine that has been sitting a long time. The engine turns and we put some oil down the spark plug holes to get things lubed up. It has started and run for short spurts. I am noting now when we try to start it that oil is dripping out off the oil fill cap. The oil is at the right level per the dip stick. I haven't had it running long enough to get the timing set. The crank case vent is clear. Any idea what would cause the oil to be forced up thr dip stick tube? I am talking FC tube at rear of engine. Thank you.
GregDearborn, MI