Fw: [SCG] Welcome to the Stock Corvair Group - Activities Update

Bill Hubbell wjhubbell at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 14 20:15:44 EDT 2005

I received this message from Dave Ellis, who is actively working on the database structure and web space with Marissa Andolina and others.  I should have noted that the "sample" manual is something I originally wrote back in 2001, when some of us were first discussing the concept which has since grown into SCG.  Obviously, a lot more thought has gone into the "Manual" since then, and as Dave points out we now intend the manual to be in electronic format (at least initially - perhaps eventually printed), and we will be encouraging the use of digital photography for gathering and sharing data.  We have agreed to set as the minimum standard 3.2 mega pixel images for the archives, although we can certainly use smaller images for communicating with each other.

Also, Dave mentions the fact that we may end up archiving a lot more data than will ever make it into the manual - this is especially true of video imagery, which may be of use in research but prove too large to fit into the manual.

Finally, I intend to post my previous letter and future communications on my personal web site until Marissa gets our own website up and running (probably a few months, at least).  I will also include a link to it on the SCG footer.

Bill Hubbell