[SCG] Question about manual convertible tops

Kent Sullivan kentsu at corvairkid.com
Sat Nov 5 17:39:09 EST 2005

Hi,

I chatted with Larry Claypool some years ago about the Manual Top Only decal
that Clark's sells as a repro (see C5657 at the bottom of
<http://www.corvair.com/user-cgi/catalog.cgi?function=goto&catalog=MAIN&sect
ion=MAIN&page=239> page 239 of their catalog--link to online version
provided). He wrote me a nice response that lists where it is documented to
go in the car. He said it was known to be in '66 and later convertibles with
manual tops produced at Willow Run. He had not seen enough L.A. or Oshawa
cars to say about those plants.

My question: Have any of you ever seen this decal and if so, on what year
car and from what assembly plant? I'm especially interested in knowing if my
'66 Oshawa-built Corsa convertible should have these decals.

Thanks!