[SCG] 1963 Corvair Fisher Body tag ACC codes

Kent Sullivan kentsu at corvairkid.com
Thu Nov 10 02:32:42 EST 2005

Hi folks,

Below is what we know to date about Fisher Body tag accessory codes for '63
Corvairs.  This list represents initial work done by Larry Claypool several
years ago, published as one of his "Stock Is..." columns in the CORSA
Communique (April and October 1992). The data he collected were from an
owners' survey.

A couple of years ago I began working on the project, to fill in some gaps.
I made some progress. Bill Hubbell and I would like to have SCG work as a
group answer the remaining questions and then publish the updated results.

We need to see some cars that are relatively rare, in terms of how they were
equipped:

*

	Cars with rear seat speakers
*

	Non-Monzas with fold-down rear seats
*

	Cars with heater delete
*

	Non-Monza sedans with rear door armrests

Please let us know if you can help.

Thanks,

--Kent

Willow Run  & Van Nuys

Group 1

*	E = tinted glass, all

*	F = tinted windshield

*	L = ? (may be fold-down rear seat on non-Monza--only have one
example so far and it's on a 700 coupe and it does have a fold-down rear
seat)

Group 2

*	C = padded dash

*	D = power convertible top

*	E = A/C

*	L = manual transmission (VN only)

*	M = PowerGlide

*	Y = rear seat speaker (need at least one more example to completely
confirm)

Group 3

*	C = Spyder (turbo exhaust cutout)

*	P = ? (VN only) -- might be Comfort and Convenience -- as with '65,
may indicate two-speed wiper and washer (carryover from FS Chevys built in
same plant)

Oakland

Oakland of course is very different--no group numbers and many of the
letters try to be mnemonic.

*	A = Air conditioning

*	E = Tinted glass, all (E-Z Eye)

*	K = Rear seat speaker (would like to have another example to
confirm)

*	P = Padded dash

*	W = Tinted windshield

*	X = Spyder (turbo exhaust cutout)

I would suspect additional codes to exist for heater delete and rear door
arm rests. Front seat belts were also offered as an option, but according to
the info we have, Chevy installed them for most of the production year... So
unclear whether there would have been a code for them at the end of the year
when Fisher took over installation.

 --Kent