[SCG] Three more unique LM Canadian Corvair items identified

Kent Sullivan kentsu at corvairkid.com
Sun Aug 20 01:10:33 EDT 2006

Hi,

Quite the bonanza research-wise over the past month or so:

*	Fuel pump: Rob Hall found an original pump on a low-mileage '65
engine with "Made in Canada" stamped on the bottom.
*	Ignition rotor: Same engine had a rotor stamped "Made in Canada".
*	Wheels: Rob also found some 5-bolt wheels with "CANAD" stamped on
the inside lip. Also is stamped "KELS". Dave Newell informed me that
Kelsey-Hayes made all Corvair wheels, not just the wire ones, and they had
locations in both the U.S. and Canada.

And we were able to verify one other item:

*	Air cleaner decal: David Robinson's '66 (#771), which I saw in
Buffalo, has its original decal. This matches the decal that James Hogarth
saved from a '66 years ago. Thanks to Bill Hubbell for the photo.

Details and pictures: http://www.corvairkid.com/oshawa.htm

--Kent