[SCG] Help needed with a 65 a/c car

airvair airvair at richnet.net
Sat Dec 23 10:59:16 EST 2006

Bob,

The crankcase vent tube on a '65 is similar to the wagon/FC layout,
since they use much the same air cleaners. It's a rubber tube with an
inline PCV in it, clipped to the top of the siameese air intake snorkel.
If it's missing, then you probably have an open vent coming out of the
top of the top shroud.

I assume you are refering to the rain gutter in the cowl plenum that
keeps water out of the fresh air intake blower assembly. It's mounted
inside the cowl trough, with a lip put through the hole to the trunk
side, and attached with two screws from trunk side. Then a bead of rope
caulk is used to seal the seam between it and the cowl trough wall
(especially at the end of the hole.)

-Mark