[SCG] assesment of new clarks deck lid pad

Marybeth Claypool mrs.vair at urbancom.net
Mon Jan 9 14:19:48 EST 2006

hello all
Clarks has just made it's reproduction late model deck lid insulator pad available. i have a couple here and they are very nice. i think it warrants a review for publication, with, at some point, judgment on whether or not this item is close enough to allow a car with this part on it as a factory stock. as you know, many cars are in need of  this one highly visible item  to get them closer to stock, so i want to get a consensus here on it's 'stockness' before  we get to classification in buffalo this summer.
i am reluctant to do this review myself due to my position as a dealer for Clarks; i don't want any conflict of interest claims.
 what i'm asking here is for about a maximum of 6 of you who still may have a very good original pad on their car to look at this reproduction and compare the two side by side, maybe take digital pics, then write up your impressions and send them to me. i will ship the repro pad to you for review. after your review, i ask 1. you send the pad  either back to me  or to the next person on the review team or 2. if you want to buy one for yourself, i will sell it to you at my cost (12% off list) plus the actual shipping charge. this would less $$ than you could buy one for before the convention.
note this is not a blanket advertisement or offer to sell these pads; it's only to to the few of you who have a good original pad to compare the repro to and volunteer to do a review in a timely fashion.
after the reviews are submitted i will edit them into 1 article for publication in the communiqué and on this list.
i'd like to try to get this done fairly soon so we can get an article for the commumique completed by say the may issue.
please respond to me directly if you feel you are a good candidate to do this review, and based upon the respones, i 'll choose the 6 (if in fact there are 6 good original pads still out there!).
best regards
larry claypool