[SCG] Early model battery cables

Kent Sullivan kentsu at corvairkid.com
Fri Jun 2 12:37:46 EDT 2006

Hi folks,

Hope this note finds you well. Over the past year or so I collected some
info on late model battery cables for U.S. and Canada. I'd love some help in
extending this research to early models. Here's what I need:

*	Scans or photocopies of the page in UPC 12 of the assembly manual
that shows the battery and cables. I need this for 1960-63. I have 1964
already.
*	For 1960 and 1961 only, scans or photocopies of the page in the
options section that shows the heavy-duty battery. (1960: RPO 655; 1961: RPO
345) Note that the HD battery for 1961 might show as canceled in the
assembly manual since it was made standard equipment in May. I don't know
because I have never looked.
*	Battery cable data from original cars. If you have original cables,
please send me their numbers, including any letter suffixes. Also please
note which are negative and which are positive. Also please include the
build month and week of your car's body (from the Fisher Body tag) and the
VIN.

This is going to become an article for the Communique and source material
for any future SCG manuals.

Thanks!

--Kent