[SCG] Re: Stock Question

Garrison William-MGI0060 wgarrison at motorola.com
Mon May 1 12:27:31 EDT 2006

Well,  I ordered one but I don't have an original to compare it to.  So,
I'll try to compare it next time I am at a show.  However, if they look
the same to Larry, I think that is quite an endorsement!  I presume they
were painted to match the foundation, right?  Would dealer installed
usually come with a black grille?  The one I vaguely remember was in a
'68 and it was painted the color of the foundation but also appeared to
be dealer installed because instead of using the "riser" card, they
pounded the sheet metal below the speaker enough so it fit flush
(ouch!).

The part that was really interesting is they also have the front speaker
grilles for a Camaro.  They look quite similar to my fuzzy remembrance
of the Corvair grille.  Not cheap, but when was the last time you saw
any (assuming these are the same)?

http://www.drclassic.com/catalog/Camaro/Radio/JA0098.html

Bill