[SCG] Re: Stock Question

Larry Claypool mr.vair at urbancom.net
Tue May 2 09:48:56 EDT 2006

good morning all
i looked up speaker grills last nite in my 67 & 68 radio books. the 66 /up
corvair rear grill is definitly the same as all other chevrolets (except
sta. wagons) during this time.
according to the 67 parts book, the corvair front door speaker grills are
p/n # 3874519; shared also by full size chevy in 66 &67 (probably also 65) .
the front door speaker parts are not listed for a corvair in the 68 book,
but we could reasonably assume the they would be the same as 67.
 the 67-68 camaro is part # 3899805; definitly not the same as the corvair
grill.
all the front door/kick panel speakers take the same speaker so the mounting
screw holes would be the same.
as kent notes, the shape of the edges is the difference. it is likely you
could make the camaro grills *work* with some modification.
regards
lc