<VV> Re: [SCG] 1962 Monza Sedan with Gold upholstery?

chevrobilia at juno.com chevrobilia at juno.com
Sun May 21 21:18:56 EDT 2006

Hi Geoff,
Mark's referring to the 62 model year with the "fancy" pattern cloth
trim, when cloth wasn't to be had with bucket seats.

You have one of the seldom seen '61 Monza sedans with the cloth insert
bucket seat interior.

When '61 Monza sedan production began mid-year in December of 1960, a
bench seat with cloth inserts was standard and buckets with cloth inserts
were optional. The cloth was the same fabric that Impalas used that year.

In March of '61, dealers could begin ordering an all vinyl bucket seat
interior (as was standard in Monza coupes) in Monza sedans, in addition
to the cloth bucket interior which was still available.

The Monza sedan cloth bucket interior was gradually phased out through
April production, as supplies ran out. White was the last color
available, and when it ran out, only the all vinyl interior could be
ordered in Monza sedans.

The cloth insert buckets are extremely rare today. They were never
popular when new, not available in Monza coupes and didn't wear very
well. Fortunately, reproduction cloth is readily available from any
supplier that sells full size 61 Chevy parts.

Here are the trim codes for the cloth bucket seat interior:

845 = Fawn
846 = Red
847 = Green
848 = Blue