[SCG] 1964 Survey - 2 page with pictures

Kent Sullivan kentsu at corvairkid.com
Fri Aug 10 03:23:26 EDT 2007

Bill, this is great. Thanks for all of your efforts!

I wanted to get the opinions of folks on the SCG list about the Fisher Body
RPO code research I have been helping with for '63, '65, '66, and '67. There
are very few codes left that we need to identify and they are for very rare
options. I established a bounty on them a couple of years ago and got a few
(the easier ones, I think) and have not uncovered anything new since.

During this time, Bill Chellis led a small group to the Corvair Ranch and
had a thorough look there. (Thanks again, Bill!) I visited Norm King's
collection (down to less than 50 cars now, I was sorry to learn) and Mike
McKeel's collection (100 or so) last month. This was quite good and yielded
a few gems but nothing on the really tough list.

My question: Is there value in me raising the bounty to something quite a
bit higher, like instead of a $20 gift certificate to one of our vendors if
you find the first evidence of something and $10 if you confirm it, going to
$50 and $25. In other words, would more money motivate more people to get
out and beat the bushes? Would cash be better than a gift certificate?

Beating the bushes is not an exaggeration-I think we have examined most all
of the cars that are in use. We need people to visit collections of cars
that are not running.

Thanks,

--Kent