[SCG] RE: Standard Equipment on Corvairs

Mark Corbin airvair at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 15 23:39:28 EDT 2007

Other than perusing the dealer literature and albums, there is no list of standard equipment that I know of existing. Usually standard equipment on the base cars is not an issue, as higher models either added to or substituted better equipment or items. So I assume you are thinking of either the higher models, or what base equipment any given option replaced. Either way, that would be a short list.

For example, on your car, a Monza added to or subsituted to the 500: wheel well trim, rocker moldings, cove moldings, (all these were aluminum), SS roof drip moldings, argent silver on the exhaust grills, full wheel covers, series emblems, bucket seats w/upgrade upholstery material on all seats and door panels, fold-down rear seat, carpet, silver wrinkle finish on the instrument panel and glove box door with a matching applique around the glove box door, glove box light, horn ring w/upgrade steering wheel, series emblems on front doors and glove box door, and insulation in the engine compartment. Also, the base engine on all '65 Corvairs (except Corsa) was a 95hp engine, and backup lights were a standard "option" on Monzas and Corsas.

-Mark C