[SCG] ASCE 2008 -- need a chairperson

Kent Sullivan kentsu at corvairkid.com
Sun Dec 16 15:23:44 EST 2007

Hi folks,

I am very excited that our third Annual Stock Corvair Event will be in the
Western Division, mainly because we have documented relatively-few
California-built cars (both LOS and OAK). Partly this is because fewer were
made, but mainly it's because most of those cars have stayed in the western
US and the first two ASCEs were in the eastern and central US.

We need someone who lives within a few hours of Ventura to step up and be
the local ASCE chairperson for 2008. It's important that the chair be within
driving distance of the convention site because there are a few things that
need to be scouted, planned, and confirmed with the convention committee
regarding the physical space for the event.

Overall, there is not much work involved but the few things that are needed
are very important. Mark Corbin did it for Detroit in '07, Dave Ellis did it
for Buffalo in '06, and both are more than willing to bring you up to speed.
Stan East is the overall event coordinator and he will be providing the
necessary forms, as before.

Please contact me if you can help with this very important, but small, job.
It would be a huge shame if we could not have an ASCE in the West in '08.
There are a couple of tasks that need to be done very soon, so even though
the convention is more than six months away, time is short.

Thanks,

--Kent