[SCG] Paint Scheme for 64 Greenbrier Deluxe

Mikeamauro at aol.com Mikeamauro at aol.com
Mon Jan 1 10:36:46 EST 2007

The van in subject line is undergoing a complete restoration,  and I'm
researching the original interior & exterior finishes. The  paint & trim tag numbers
are as follows:

Trim: 5Z60EB
Paint: 55 44 AB

The interior was/is the Deluxe package in red with  white insert (the van
still contains the original interior). I've nailed down  the original vinyl
colors, and through Clark's have ordered interior as  follows:  the orangish-red is
a special order Clark's color: 57S,  while the white insert color is Clark's
"HWE." If anyone has different,  better information, I'd appreciate hearing
from you.

On to the paint... As the vehicle was repainted, once,  by the PO, in & out,
nailing down the paint gets a little dicey (the  exterior is presently white
with red stripe):

>From available paint codes, I make the Outside Body  Colors to be Ditzler
Red, # DL-70704, with the stripe being Ditzler Ivory, #  DQE-8290 ( paint codes
taken from the "September 1963 Chevrolet Service  News," "1964 Truck & 95
Finish Charts").

Interior Paint colors appear to be the same as  above.

I would appreciate verification of the above information; or,  if my
assumptions are incorrect, applicable new information.

In addition, relative to the Interior Paint, nowhere  have I found concrete
information as to where and to what  extent DULING AGENT was used. I would
appreciate any information  concerning the degree of gloss required for the
interior paint, and the correct  method to achieve results approximating the
reflectivity original  finish.

Previous Research: To get to the point I'm at, besides  the Chevrolet Service
News mentioned, I've visited:
_http://tcpglobal.com/autocolorlibrary/cgi-bin/search/searchpic.pl?1964-chevrolettruck-pg01.jpg_
(http://tcpglobal.com/autocolorlibrary/cgi-bin/search/searchpic.pl?1964-chevrolettruck-pg01.jpg) ;
_http://www.corvairkid.com/64fcopts.htm_ (http://www.corvairkid.com/64fcopts.htm) ;
and posted to VV and Corvanattics.

Much obliged,
Mike Mauro
(New to this list, but a frequent visitor to VV)