[SCG] You'd never believe

Mark Corbin airvair at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 8 19:12:06 EDT 2007

All,

I just completed the installation of a correct, factory 8-track tape player
in my '67 4door. That's the car I had at the convention last year and this
year, and that Bill Hubbell took a lot of pics of to document the
differences in '67's. It's a numbers-matching deck, and I've made sure it
was the correct unit via my radio service manuals library. It works, thanks
to Fred Bybee, and with the car having an AM/FM stereo multiplex system in
it already, I had to use the factory A-B gang switch just for that
arrangement. The deck in itself is a real monstrosity, a bit like fastening
a cinder block to the bottom of your dash. LOL But with the multiplex
adapter and gang switch, it's a real Rube Goldberg arrangement. It's even
further complicated with the car being a clutch car - the multiplex has to
be set back enough to allow shifter clearance. (Note that the multiplex was
always dealer-installed, but the tape player was available both ways. The
speaker system I "borrowed" from a factory-equipped car, which I still have
and am in the process of restoring.)

So yes, I'll be taking pictures of it and sending them to Bill Hubbell, so
that we can have this in our SCG data base. Bill, if you haven't put that
article to bed yet, maybe the pictures can also be included.

-Mark C

airvair at earthlink.net
EarthLink Revolves Around You.