[SCG] Early 4-door Survey

Bill Hubbell whubbell at umich.edu
Tue Sep 11 18:31:14 EDT 2007

You may recall that I am actively researching a number of running changes in
the 1964 Model year:

http://members.cox.net/stock_corvair_group/1964_Survey.pdf.

I need to expand the portion of this survey relating to 4 door sedans to
include 1961-1963 model years - that is, I need all 1961-1964 4 door Sedan
owners to tell me how the top raw edge of the rear cardboard trim panel is
finished - is it with stitched on vinyl or with pressed on vinyl?

Additionally, I am still researching the orientation of the dome light on
all 1961-1964 4 door sedans.  Unlike the 2 door coupes, which always have
the wider end of the dome light at the front end of the car, sedans started
out that way (in 1960) and then reversed the orientation sometime later. I
think it happened sometime in 1961, but I really need to research a large
number of 4-door sedans to be certain when it happened.  After we find out
when, we may be able to figure out why.

So, could all 1961-63 4 door sedan owners please let me know about the above
two items on your cars and send me the information, along with the Fisher
Body tag information (especially the Build date in the upper left corner)
and VIN.

And if you have any 1964 cars and have given me the survey information
(above link), please do so whenever you can.

Thank you.

Bill Hubbell

President, Stock Corvair Group