[SCG] Late model convertible chrome sunvisor support - Repro now available

66vairman at comcast.net 66vairman at comcast.net
Fri Aug 22 22:16:55 EDT 2008

To all late model convertible owners:

I just received my convertible chrome sunvisor supports through my winning bid on ebay.  (My winning bid was $178 for the pair plus shipping).  Upon receipt of these, I found they had a part number of OPGI S240035 RH (& LH).  Come to find out, these are repros made by a company in Seal Beach, California called Original Parts Group Incorporated.  Upon checking their website, there is no listing for Corvair parts, however, this part number is a crossover which is sold to fit 1964-65 Buick Skylark, 1964-65 Pontiac GTO and 1964-65 Olds Cutlass convertibles.  This part  is listed for $72.95 but then has a promo price listed for $65.95 per unit.  The quality of these is excellent.  The only difference between these and oem units are several cast lines in the oem body that are not on the repro units and the screw that holds the visor stem in place is not chromed. (Switch your oem chrome plated screw over).  I think this is an excellent price for these badly pitted units that most of us ha
ve on our convertibles.  Just wanted everyone to know about the availability of this part.  I can hardly wait to install these on my steady moving 66 Corsa turbo convertible restoration.

Tom