[SCG] researching front 'grill' emblem 1964

The Vair Shop vairshop at sbcglobal.net
Sat Dec 20 10:46:28 EST 2008

hi all
 cal clark is going to do another run of 64 front 'grill' bar emblems. he has 3 nos units as samples, but all 3 have slightly different background finishes. i have pictures of all 3.
 obviously, chevy had more than 1 supplier for this emblem, or did several runs of it.
the question is, which one(s) were actaully used in production?
if you have a known to be original to the car 1964  front emblem, please email me and i will email the pictures for you to compare with yours.
nos service parts will not be of help in this matter, since we cannot determine when those parts were made.
 thanks in advance
larry