[SCG] Station Wagon Rear Seat Question

wblanning at comcast.net wblanning at comcast.net
Mon Feb 18 20:46:46 EST 2008

I have three Corvair wagons, a 61 700, a 62 700 and a 62 Monza.  I noticed that the back of the rear seat for the Monza is different from the 700's.  The 700's have an embossed metal cover on the back of the seat and matching embossed metal trim around the edges of the seat back.  The embossed pattern consists of aprox. 1/4" squares.  The Monza has a cardboard cover with a pattern similar to the vinyl on the seats.  The trim around the seat back is smooth instead of being embossed.

Does anyone know is this difference is suppose to be more luxurious or is different for some other reason?

Wade Lanning