[SCG] Good news about 1966-9 concours tires

Kent Sullivan kentsu at corvairkid.com
Sat Jul 5 22:00:16 EDT 2008

Hi everyone,

Duanne Luckow asked me to let folks know that discussions are progressing
with Coker Tire about reproducing a correct bias ply tire for 1966-9
Corvairs. I started a conversation with them a few years ago and it ground
to a halt. Duanne has been successful in restarting the conversation.

We were able to help things along a little by producing an original
Firestone 7.00"x13" bias-play tire, courtesy of a Corsa convertible that
Duane Wentlandt purchased. The latest communication from them is:

"I now have drawings for the original Firestone tire. We can proceed. I need
for you guys that are interested to put the word out that we are developing
this tire with a January 2009 availability."

So-I will buy at least one set. Who else is interested? We don't have a firm
price now but assume the price would be similar to other, similar, tires
they sell today, like the 6.50"x13" bias ply tire.

Thanks,

--Kent