[SCG] Good news about 1966-9 concours tires

Kent Sullivan kentsu at corvairkid.com
Mon Jul 7 12:20:44 EDT 2008

Mark--don't make assumptions! Nothing has been committed to at this point.
And your feedback is similar to other feedback Duanne received after I sent
this email. Seems like there are different considerations to balance and
that may take some time to sort out.

For example, the VCCA, an organization that some people would like to show
their cars in, does not allow anything but factory stock type tires. So,
that would mandate bias ply construction... But I know too little about
tires to say whether a radial tire can be made to look like a bias ply.

And yes, I have a car too that I like to keep as stock as possible (my
yellow convertible) but drive it regularly, so I want radial tires for that
car. But it's not clear whether we have to go to Coker for them... For
example, Larry Claypool has apparently found a source again for 185/80 13s
with a 5/8" whitewall, which is just after we had almost concluded they
weren't available anywhere now.

--Kent