[SCG] Good news about 1966-9 concours tires

Mark Corbin airvair at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 9 15:52:11 EDT 2008

I'm sure GM had second banana suppliers for much of their outsourced parts.
The tires were certainly no exception (remember the Delco/Boyne turn signal
switch episode?) But while I don't doubt that some Corvairs DID come with
Firestone tires from the factory, the majority of ones were USRoyal, which
is why I'd vote for using their exterior design for the accepted "stock"
tire. Again, just my take on it.

-Mark

GM