[SCG] 1966 standard black belts in turquoise colored interior

66vairman at comcast.net 66vairman at comcast.net
Mon Jun 16 22:53:25 EDT 2008

Rick:

Another 1966 Corvair - this time a 4 door sedan - listed for sale through Craig's List through the Corvair Center Forum with a turquoise interior.  Appears to have light turquoise exterior.  Go to the last page of the classifieds and come down not quite to the halfway point and look for 1966 Corvair Hardtop (Grapevine).  Click on it for two interior photos and you can see the interior color is turquoise and it certainly has black standard belts.  Since this ad was posted May 04, 2008,  you may wish to contact the seller for further vehicle production information.  I still have not located a single 66 with turquoise interior and standard turquoise plastic head belts and do not think I will ever locate one.  More documentation here to confirm, as you said, that "black was a default color for standard only belts".

Tom - owner of 66 tropic turquoise Corsa turbo vert with turquoise interior and black standard belts