[SCG] Length of turn signal shaft with wood wheel option

66vairman at comcast.net 66vairman at comcast.net
Fri Mar 7 21:52:24 EST 2008

Kent:

I am currently rebuilding by steering column for my 66 turbo convertible.  I am switching from the stock turquoise wheel (which I might add is severely weathered and cracked) to the non-telescoping wool wheel option.  I have heard, and believe, there is a different length turn signal shaft used with this wood wheel (and possibly telescoping wood wheel also) option from the shaft with the stock steering wheel.  I cannot find anything relating to this in Larry Claypool's "Stock Is" in the June 1990 Communique where he discusses steering wheels in depth.  Currently, I have 3 turn signal shafts with the lengths of 6 1/2", 7" and 7 1/2" - all with the same black stock tip.  Your  assistance in this matter is appreciated.

Tom at 66vairman at comcast.net