[SCG] I.D. on a part number (rear seat speaker)

Wrsssatty at aol.com Wrsssatty at aol.com
Tue May 20 22:00:33 EDT 2008

<and a box with a rear seat speaker.  The box with the speaker is  identified
as a  "Rear Seat Speaker---CORVAIR".  It has a part number  of 985590 and a
group no. of 9.650.  I took it to the Corvair Ranch Open  House and it was the
opinion of many that the speaker was for an early coupe,  but that is as far
as their knowledge went.  Could someone help me identify  the speaker?>

I have a rear seat speaker in the box with the same part number, etc.   It
was sold to me as being for a '63 and the instructions included were printed
6/22/62 which, I think, would be consistent with it's being for a '63 model
year.  These rear speakers would have been for any sedan (i.e. 2 or 4-door)  but
not convertible (for obvious reason) or forward control vehicle.   BTW, Mr.
Johnson, what color is the grill for your speaker?  I actually  have two, one is
gray and the other sort of a gold color.  Does anyone have  any idea what
colors were available for the rear seat speaker grill in  '63?

~Bill Stanley

favorites at AOL Food.