[SCG] EM rear gills & stone guards

Wrsssatty at aol.com Wrsssatty at aol.com
Tue Nov 4 10:50:34 EST 2008

When I acquired my '63 Monza coupe it was sporting the seemingly ubiquitous
'64 rear grill.  My mechanic remarked with amazement that the grill still  had
a pair of stone guards behind it.  Well, I have a NOS '63 grill (eat  your
hearts out <G>) that I intend now to install.   I am  unfamiliar with said stone
guards and after removing the '64 grill and the stone  guards I don't see how
they could attach to the '63 grill.  Furthermore, my  '63 Assembly Manual
does not show any stone guards with the '63 grill.  My  question: Were the stone
guards a '64-only thing or do I need to figure out  how to attach them to my
NOS '63 grill for my car to be stock/correct?   Thanks!

~Bill Stanley
5 Travel Deals!