[SCG] EM rear gills & stone guards

Paul Steinberg noahsarkinc at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 4 11:30:05 EST 2008

The stone guards were only applicable to the 1964 rear air grille.  It was a
item that GM added to the newly redesigned rear air grille to protect it
from the damage that was so common with the earlier rear air grilles.  The
1964 rear air grille was specified in all Corvair parts books after 1963 as
the "official" replacement rear air grille for all the early model cars,
except those where the tail pipe exited at the rear air grille.  i.e.  1960
models, and the 1961 / 1962 Station Wagon.
 I also have a NOS 1962 / 1963 rear air grille, but have no 1962 / 1963
Corvairs left in my collection.
Paul in CT