[SCG] 1966 dealer window sticker

airvair at earthlink.net airvair at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 7 01:13:09 EDT 2008

All,

I have been working on a program to duplicate ALL window stickers. My data
base includes much of the coding that's on the window sticker, so that I am
able to duplicate this as accurately as possible. The 6-digit coding that
is to the left of the option description does indeed mean something, every
digit of it. But it takes a bit of knowledge and a data base to know what
it all means. THAT research is something that I've been working on, and
continue to work on. While I have in the past sent out a few copies of some
of this programming, none is as sophisticated as what I have today. It's
what makes this project too big and complex to simply hand out.

Also complicating this is the fact that the stickers that Jim Osborne (who
apparently has a monoply on the stickers granted from GM) sells are NOT
really very accurate, especially the '68 and '69 stickers. The '69 sticker
is a generic Chevy sticker, and mentions the steering column interlock
(which Corvair didn't have), while the '68 sticker is missing the entire
sidebar. These are the most glaring errors, but ALL Jim Osborne stickers
are inaccurate for Corvair usage.

Since I've spent so much time developing the right font, spacing, database,
etc. I have decided NOT to send out any more of the programs. It's just way
too much hard work to offer for free. However, I WILL be offering to
duplicate a custom-made sticker for customer cars, and sell my handiwork
that way.

My goal is to be able to duplicate (as perfectly as possible) ALL Corvair
window stickers, and to date I've succeded with most of them already.
However, with the exception of the '69 sticker, I haven't gotten forms that
are accurate enough for me. Those will be coming, eventually, though I
can't give a time frame.

I CAN, though, make up many of the stickers for '60-8 Corvairs off of the
inaccurate, existing and available forms, if anyone is interested. The
years I can do are '60, 4, 7, 9 cars, '62, 4, and 5 'briers, and some '66
and 8 cars.

-Mark

stickers, it appears there is some type of coding system GM used for these
dealer stock code numbers in the left hand column.  Of the three window
stickers you sent me, notice the 'deluxe fr&rr belts' are coded 3A39AH on
the Corsa & Monza sticker, but coded 3A39AC on the 500 model.  I realize
the A39 is from the RPO number but I wonder what the 3 before and AH & AC
after the A39 stand for?  Hopefully someone from the SCG will come forward
to explain these numbers.