[SCG] 62 with gasoline heater

Crawford Rose crawfordrose at msn.com
Sat Dec 5 10:47:46 EST 2009

I reviewed the youtube video and there is nothing to indicate that the
gasoline heater is not owner installed.  I think that if it were dealer
installed, it would have a more professional look and have the heat shield
installed. Unfortunately, there is trunk spatter paint all over its
component fuel lines and attachment hardware and exhaust pipe so I think its
an owner job of installing a used 60 unit in a 62.  The underside looks good
for a new jersey car.  The horn in the trunk is just the cheapo workaround
for a broken horn as described in the Corvair Tech Guide.
Crawford