[SCG] 1960 Monza Interior

Crawford Rose crawfordrose at msn.com
Tue Apr 20 12:49:34 EDT 2010

An update for those who were unable to assist with my request regarding 1960 Monza interior information but are interested nonetheless: I have done some rather exhaustive research and have been unable to locate any published information depicting photos of the Monza interior choices. I have located the 1960 paint codes used by Chevrolet for the exterior and interior in the October 1959 Chevrolet Service News. These Chevy color codes, with the exceptions of black, silver and red were changed for 1961 and one should be very wary of assuming that a 1961 color or trim code will correlate to 1960. Clark's Corvair did come through for me though and supplied a green vinyl (code 57B) which is very close to the original unfaded vinyl obtained from underneath the foundation trim. I also have reviewed the 1960 Dealer book with vinyl color samples for Corvair which are also close to the Clark's 57B color green. So, if you have a green interior, you do have an option other than HG, the one size fits all 60-61 green metallic which is too blue in color and does not match the 1960 metallic green interior. However, because they do not have a matching cardboard, I had the vent/foot area and foundation cardboard covered in vinyl at extra expense. I considered painting the cardboard that Clark's sells but that costs extra too and may have new problems matching the vinyl. Total interior cost about $1700 with shipping.  I'll send photos when it arrives later this week.  If anyone wants my 61 color green Monza door panels, I'll make you a deal.

Crawford Rose

1960 500 coupe

1960 Monza coupe