[SCG] two-tone interiors

Dave Newell chevrobilia at juno.com
Mon Mar 8 17:40:04 EST 2010

Hi,
On 60-61 500s and 700s, the door panels don't always match the color of the metal door itself. The door metal was simply painted the exterior color. For example, all '60 500s had grey interior trim (upholstery & door panels) so unless the exterior color was Sateen Silver the door panels didn't match the door metal at all. Similarly, the 60 700s only came with grey, green & blue interior trim so unless the exterior color happened to match, the door metal would be a different color. Also 60 Monzas were only coincidentally color keyed but their ordering choices were limited so the metal would match the 4 available door panel colors.
Dave