[SCG] Interesting Fisher Body tag

Kent Sullivan kentsu at corvairkid.com
Wed Nov 24 18:31:22 EST 2010

Dan Davis (on Cc: line) saw this on a '63 Spyder owned by Doug Titus here in
the Seattle area. Anyone seen this sort of "deep stamping" before?

http://picasaweb.google.com/1965Riviera/Fall2010CorvairsNWTuneUpDayKentSGara
ge#5543196536907088914

I can't tell whether the stamping of the car-specific info is deeper or
whether the pre-stamped info on the "blank" was shallower than normal, like
from a worn-out or mis-adjusted die. It's interesting that the serial number
(28179) appears to be part of the pre-stamped info, whereas the plant code
(WR) is not. I would have expected the reverse.

Happy Thanksgiving,

--Kent