[SCG] FW: [FC] Air cleaner "snorkels" or lack thereof...

Dave Newell chevrobilia at juno.com
Thu Sep 23 15:15:46 EDT 2010

Hi,
That air cleaner crossover is the correct first design part for both FCs and Lakewood wagons. My early 61 Loadside that I sold to Tony Richards still has it. I'm not sure if I could come up with an approximate date that the u-shaped baffle was added, but it would take a lot of digging. I believe the baffle was added to cure an air intake moan.

The pre-production intake was a flared opening on the left side of the crossover near the air cleaner bowl, but for production the angled snorkel used on cars was simply left off for FCs and wagons.

Dave Newell