[SCG] Registering on the SCG website - Definition of SCG membership - Status of Dues - Membership Report

William Hubbell whubbell at verizon.net
Tue Aug 23 13:16:14 EDT 2011

SCG-List Members:

Yesterday I spent several hours compiling a listing of individuals who have
registered for this mailing list (SCG-list) and well those who have
registered for the new SCG website (http://stock.corvair.org).  I have
determined that there are 69 members of the SCG-list who have NOT yet
registered for the website (and 34 who ARE registered for both this list and
the website) - see below*** for a complete breakdown of SCG registration
numbers.

Those of you who are NOT registered are missing out on the rich experience
of the new site, as well as the opportunity to join in by posting your own
stories and photos of Stock Corvairs.  Please go to http://stock.corvair.org
today and register - I think you will be glad you did.

If anybody has any difficulty with registering, please send me an e-mail.  I
can register you myself if you want to provide me the following registration
information**.

Username:

First Name:

Last Name:

Address1:

Address2:

City:

State:

Zip:

Country:

Day Phone:

Email:

CORSA ID:*

After you are registered you will receive an e-mail (at the address provided
above) with an entry password.  After you login you can click on your
username in the upper left corner of the screen to enter your profile where
you can change the automatically-assigned password to something you can
remember.

If you are already registered but forgot your password, go here to reset it:
http://stock.corvair.org/wpmu/wp-login.php?action=lostpassword

*While you DO need to be a CORSA member to join SCG, you DO NOT need to be a
CORSA member to register on the site.  In this case, enter "000-000" for the
CORSA ID.  Your participation in the site will be slightly limited, however,
if you are not an SCG member.

Non-SCG members will be allowed to view most content and write posts and
comments subject to editorial approval (Contributor Level).  SCG members
will be allowed to view all content (except user information) and to make
posts and comments without editorial approval (Author Level).  There is also
a forum that is available for all users to view and post.  You cannot view
any posts, comments, or forum content unless you are registered and logged
in.

At this point in time we are initializing ALL accounts at the Contributor
level to let you "get the hang of it", and then gradually elevating the SCG
members to Author as they come on-line (start posting or commenting).

For the time being, you will be considered an SCG member if you are a CORSA
member and you are registered for either this list or the SCG-website.  We
HAVE previously approved dues of $10/yr but we have not been consistently
collecting them these past few years.  We WILL start collecting dues
sometime in the near future, as we have incurred expenses for the
development of the site, storage fees for off-site photos (we use the CORSA
server for the website, but there are storage limitations, so we put large
photo collections, etc. off-site), and annual fees for running the ASCE at
the CORSA conventions.  I would like to hold off collecting dues, however,
until we complete the migration of ALL members to the new site, as that will
eventually become our sole center of operations (this list may continue to
be used, but it is preferred to use the website).  At some point in the near
future, we are hoping to test-pilot joint CORSA-SCG registration on the new
CORSA website, and that will probably be the time when we will start
collecting dues once again.

PLEASE NOTE: The SCG website is essentially taking the place of the SCG
newsletter.  Content is being generated and posted as it becomes available.
This content is available ONLY to registered users of the site.  Right now
almost ALL of the content is available to ALL registered users, but we
anticipate that as time goes by we will restrict some content to SCG members
only.  The previously published newsletters are available on the website in
PDF format under the "Members Area."  New newsletters will not be published
as such, but may be compiled from material that is posted on the website and
added to the PDF collection from time to time.

**Note: All user information is confidential and used only by SCG to
communicate with you and collected as necessary to keep the site free of
spammers.

Thank you

Bill Hubbell

SCG president

***Statistical Breakdown of SCG Registrations:

103 - total number of SCG-list registrations

+82 - total number of SCG Website registrations

185 - Subtotal Both sites

-34 - Registered on both sites

151 - Total unique registrations on both sites.

SCG-List Membership

76 CORSA Members

27 Non-CORSA members

103 Total members

SCG-Web Membership

72 CORSA Members

10 Non-CORSA members

82 Total Members

Combined SCG-List and SCG Web

117 CORSA members

34 Non-Corsa Members

151 Total Members

Incomplete Registrations

8 on SCG-list - first name only (no last-name) - some of these could be
CORSA members but without complete names there is no way to tell.  I would
like to request those of you who are using aliases or incomplete names to
please provide your full name in the member registration section so we can
know who you are.  To change your member information for the SCG-list go
here: http://www.vv.corvair.org/mailman/options/scg-list