[SCG] Stock Corvair Event at 2011 convention

Kent Sullivan kentsu at corvairkid.com
Thu May 19 02:47:28 EDT 2011

Hi everyone,

I verified with Harry Jensen that the date and time for the SCG event this
year is confirmed, which is Tuesday, July 26 from 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM. As with
previous years, it is concurrent with concours classification. As you
probably know, the SCG Event is our once-yearly chance to examine cars,
especially near-original cars, to learn about how the various years and
models looked when new. We have learned a ton of things in years past--many,
many interesting details.

I have three requests for everyone in the SCG:

* If you are coming to the convention and can help examine cars, please let
me know. Right now I know of myself and Mark Corbin. I'm sure there are more
members coming.
* If you are coming to the convention and you are a bringing a car to
examine, please let me know.
* If you know of any cars that we should examine--perhaps in the Denver
area--please let me know.

Regarding the third request, I need your help to learn about cars to
examine. I don't live in the Denver area, so I am pretty ignorant about cars
that we should look at near this year's convention site. Remember--the cars
don't need to be beautiful. In fact, we usually learn much more from dusty
old cars with faded paint that have not been restored. So, those of you who
live in the Denver area or within likely driving distance, rack your brains
about Corvairs that you know are stored in barns, in carports, etc. and let
me know!

Thanks,

--Kent

P.S. There will also be a SCG business meeting, on Wednesday, July 27, from
5:00 PM - 6:00 PM.