[SCG] Fwd: <VV> 66 Monza for sale

aeroned at aol.com aeroned at aol.com
Mon Aug 5 15:07:19 EDT 2013

Just wanted to make sure this post made it through since I wasn't a member of the list before. The link below has some photos and I have lots more...

http://corvaircenter.com/phorum/read.php?1,638333,638515#msg-638515

Ned

1966 Corvair Monza For Sale
or sale ismy Cameo Beige 1966 Chevrolet Corvair Monza two door hardtop. This
ar is veryoriginal and has many factory options. The Aztec Bronze interior is
n perfectcondition, no tears, no cracks and all original. The list of options
nclude:
               Trunk and engine lights
               Fully functional and coldfactory air conditioning
               Tinted glass
               Deluxe seat belts
               Rear speaker
               Original GM rubber floor mat toprotect the front carpet
               Automatic transmission
               Positraction differential
               Four way flasher
               Front and rear bumper guards
               110 hp Flat six air cooledengine

here was awrite up in a recent Corvair Society of America national magazine,
heCommunique, on this survivor Corvair. The engine was completely rebuilt by
ikeDawson in Feb 2011 when the car had roughly 59000 miles. It now has
oughly67000 miles. I can provide the details and receipts for the engine
ebuild. TheAC works great and still has R12 in it and I have extra cans to go
ith the car.I had the system checked out by an AC shop and recharged this July.
he elusiveand rare bracket to support the compressor is on the car. The brakes
re strongand it stops straight, no pulling to one side. The transmission shifts
mooth,one of the best I’ve ever experienced. The steering has very little, if
ny,play. It has the original 13 inch wheels and 185/75-13 tires in great shape.
thas wire hub caps but the original Monza hub caps come with the car. I
venhave the original order and delivery paperwork for the car showing the
ptionsand their cost. The sound of the doors closing is very solid. The car is
xtremelyquiet on the road. It drives excellently. The seats are still very
omfortable.This car is one of the nicest Corvairs I’ve ever owned.

here are a several “door dings” on both sides of the car.Many have been
repaired” with touch up paint. At two feet these stick out likea sore thumb,
ut from 5 feet they begin to fade away (at least to these oldeyes). The trunk
as some slight surface rust under the master cylinder. Ibelieve the trunk paint
s still original. There is only one other speck ofrust, under the windshield on
he passenger side. It’s a spot, maybe 1/16 of aninch in diameter. Currently the
ar has a aftermarket AM/FM radio cassetteplayer. I have the original AM radio
ith the front/rear fader. I plan toreinstall this when I get the time.
So, if this car is so great, why are you selling it?” youmay be asking
ourself. I have room for two “extra” cars. I have a 65 PG carthat I’m made
everal modifications to including just doing paint and body.Many of these
odifications have been for safety (shoulder belts and seats withhead rests).
his car is for cross country cruising and even a daily driver.The car for sale
as acquired in a trade for my “race car” with the intent todrive it while I
orked on the 65. Another reason to sell it is that I don’tfully appreciate the
riginality of the car. I have a strong desire to getthose door dings fixed and
epaint the car. I’d also replace the audio systemin the car. Finally, I miss my
race car” and want to start working on a newone.
he car is located in Derby, KS, just a few miles south ofWichita. I’m asking
10,000 but will consider all offers. I can providedetailed photos of the car
nd will answer all questions. I just ask that youdon’t bombard me with
uestions about the car if you have no intension onbuying it. You can contact me
y e-mail (aeroned at aol.com) or my cell (316)680-3483.
hanks,
ed