[SCG] A-C wiring for LM Corvairs

Mark Corbin airvair at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 3 10:24:10 EST 2013

All,

Note that the following applies ONLY to LM (specifically '66-7 wiring) cars, but can be used to modify ANY LM Corvair. If anyone is planning on installing a factory style under-dash A/C system, something here may interest you.

I have developed a wiring diagram to modify the stock A/C under-dash and green power wire harness system so as to mount four relays in the circuits and allow a front mounted condensor. The relays are to protect the now-rare switches from high voltages.

I also have diagrammed the stock heater and heater/a-c circuits in a simple schematic. Along with this, I have developed an instruction sheet that will tell you how to modify the stock heater circuit into an A/C circuit, along with what parts you'll need to do it.

These I can email to you, no charge. Measurements are included on both diagrams.

Also, I have the capability to make NEW '66-7 A/C wiring circuit harnesses, on a limited basis. I will be selling them on an order-basis only, and making them up as needed. This harness will allow you do just "drop in" the wires into your existing under-dash harness. Cost will be $40 plus shipping.

Email me privately for any of these.

-Mark Corbin
Prez of the Air 'Vair Group for air conditioned Corvairs
airvair at earthlink.net