[SCG] 65 vs 66 coupe doors

eamsquared at comcast.net eamsquared at comcast.net
Tue Sep 17 16:48:55 EDT 2013

Jeff,

Per our telcon today, attached is a WORD document showing the difference between the door installed on my car and the doors you sent me.  I am the original owner of this car and am in the process of doing restoration work on the body.  Note that your doors do not have the slots for the stop shown on my car.  The restorer claims they can use my door as a template and cut the slots.  The point is "What are these stops for and are they only on 1966 cars?"

The inside of the doors also has a tack welded "L bracket" with a rubber cushion to support the glass.  The rubber cushion on my original car is twice as wide as the ones in the doors you sent me.  I believe that the doors you sent me are 1965 doors which should work but are slightly different than 1966 doors.  The bottom of door skins on the 1965 doors have numerous tabs tack welded to the door frames.  These are not present on my 1966 doors.

Erich Meyer
Original Owner, 66 Monza Coupe
Bayshore Corvair