[SCG] Cloth Interior '61 Monza: Gray Cloth & Black Vinyl Buckets

Wade Lanning wblanning at comcast.net
Thu Nov 6 21:36:13 EST 2014

To: Cloth Interior Monza Distribution List

Thanks to Dave Newell for bringing this car to my attention on the Los Angeles Craigs List.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/cto/4739264365.html

Its a 1961 Monza 4-door with gray cloth and black vinyl buckets seats, confirmed by the Body Plate Trim code (870) provided by the seller. Its an Oakland car, built the 4th week of February 1961, originally Ermine white (code 636). This is the only one in the Cloth Interior Monza Registry with the gray cloth & black vinyl interior. The driver's seat is worn, however the rest of the interior is intact. See picture below or go to the link above. Note the white headliner, which I believe was the standard headliner color with black interiors (Dave, correct me if I'm wrong).

As you all know, 1961 was the only year that buckets seats could be ordered with cloth inserts, and that option was only available part of the production year. With this car I have six cloth insert bucket seat 4-doors documented, of which four were Oakland cars, one was a Willow Run car and one was a Kansas City car. The Kansas car was the last one built that I have documented, being built the last week of March 1961.

Regards,
Wade