[SCG] A separate stock group/club/meet?

wrsssatty at aol.com wrsssatty at aol.com
Tue Jun 30 12:42:10 EDT 2015

I'm all for a separate stock group meeting independent of CORSA if need be.  It is my understanding that there are two Model A Ford clubs and that they split once upon a time from a single club over the issue of stock vs. modified.  The group that values stock is MARC, Model A Restorers Club.  I'd hate to see it come to that but if we feel that CORSA doesn't value stock Corvairs sufficiently then we need to take matters into our own hands.  Besides, there's nothing stopping you from being a member of CORSA and a stock Corvair club.  As for a separate, independent event, if I'm not mistaken, the recent "Meet The Makers of the Chevrolet Corvair" event put together largely by Eva McGuire in Ann Arbor, MI was not a CORSA sanctioned event.  I attended and thought it was an excellent event.  The only possible problem with going it alone (i.e. without CORSA's blessing) is insurance.

~Bill Stanley