[SCG] Corvair AC Compressors

William Hubbell wjhubbell at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 23:27:22 EDT 2017

SCG List Members,

I have been researching the history of Corvair Air Conditioning Systems (1961-67), with special emphasis on the appearance of the compressors.

I have attached a PDF summarizing what I think I know about the model numbers and exterior appearance of the Corvair AC compressors from 1961 through 1967.  I am attempting to get a hard fix on the stickers and decals that were used on these compressors in the hopes of getting them reproduced.  Most decals and stickers have already been reproduced and are readily available for other Chevrolet cars, but the model and charge numbers are not correct for Corvair.

Please review my file and critique, modify, etc.  If you have additional photos of any year Corvair compressor, etc., I would also be interested in receiving a copy of them.  I am also hoping to write all this up as an article for either the Communique and SCG website.

Thanks

Bill Hubbell
SCG President