[SCG] Early Convertible quarter window seal

William Hubbell whubbell at me.com
Thu Jun 18 12:07:54 EDT 2020

Seeking information:

This seal (or Flap) attaches to the REAR upper end of the quarter window channel (as opposed to the seal at the FRONT end - which Clark’s sells as part # C9942).  It is hard to see unless you lower the top.  There are right and left versions.

All that was left of these seals on the Glenn car were the metal inserts, but I took photos of another car at last year’s convention - it was also a 1964.

I would like to see this part reproduced, and Cal Clark has expressed interest, but to do so, we need a pair of them in good condition and some additional information: were they used on all Early Model Convertibles (‘62-‘64) or just certain years?

If you own or have access to an early model Corvair convertible, please check for these seals and let me know your findings.

If you happen to have a matched set of these and would be willing to lend them out as templates for reproduction, please let me know.