[V8Vairs] Engine Covers

v8vairs@corvair.org v8vairs@corvair.org
Tue, 24 Aug 2004 19:08:15 EDT

In a message dated 8/24/2004 12:47:04 PM Pacific Standard Time,
deltainc@grm.net writes:

I was  planning on constructing a sectional cover in several parts.    The
> basic framing would be half inch square steel tube welded  together.
> Skinning would be either light steel or  aluminium.,
http://www.corvair.org/

The best engine cover I ever saw was a mock-up. I don't know whether itwas
ever finished. The guy piled a bunch of trashy stuff into the back of a
Corvair.  Books, crates, some clothing, etc.- piled high enough to disguise a Crown
engine. With the front supported so it wouldn't move forward, he then  draped
a fine plastic cover over it and molded a plaster casting in place  on top of
the junk. After pulling the plaster mold - it came out in three or  four
separate parts, he was going to re-assemble the pieces and pull a  fiberglass part
out. Then he was going to detail it out with the book covers,  junk like that
- but in paint on the fiberglass. When installed in his V8  car, it would
make it look like a standard Corvair with a bunch of junk in the  back. Heh Heh.
See Ya!  - A Stealth V8  -  Seth