[V8Vairs] VairKing's V8VAIR Updates

Paul Strohl v8vairs@corvair.org
Sat, 4 Dec 2004 09:05:19 -0800 (PST)

hello ryan, i just went thru the pics of your kelmark v8 vair and i congratulate you on a job well done! you have a great looking v8 in that vair conversion and it ought to run like a raped ape! i have a crown conversion 66 corsa with a 400 hp summit racing crate motor and i spent a lot of time building the car so i appreciate what you are doing on yours. i too am too the point of doing paint and body work on my vair and am looking for ideas. keep us all posted on your plans for shaving the body work cause that sounds like a great idea. talk too you later, paul. paulstrohl@yahoo.com

Ryan Counterman <VairKing@hotmail.com> wrote:Hi gang, I have started doing a major body and interior restoration on my '65
Corsa Kelmark. Some of you probably saw it in Kentucky, and could see that
this was very necessary. I am trying to customize nearly every aspect of the
car, from shaved drip rails, shaved chrome trim, and shaved fuel door, etc, I
am also considering shaving the door latches and locks, but haven't made up my
mind on that. Interior wise will get completely redone with custom seats,
door panels, headliner, a new fancy engine cover of some sort, and a killer
stereo system (looking at about 2000 watts RMS total ) Mechanically
the car will pretty much stay the same for now, I have the suspension how I
like it, but will lower it as much as is practical, and will probably try to
add rack and pinion. I have started posting new pictures again on my online
photo album, which can be found at:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vairking/my_photos

Let me know if you have any ideas or suggestions along the way, I am always
open to comments. Thanks!

Ryan Counterman, VP~WMCC
VairKing@hotmail.com
'65 Corsa Coupe V8 Kelmark; '65 Monza Convert 110/4sp
http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/vairking