[V8Vairs] Front Suspension Settings...

v8vairs@corvair.org v8vairs@corvair.org
Tue, 28 Dec 2004 16:42:00 -0700

I'm at the point where I'm assembling and installing the project car's
front suspension.  I will be using low profile (so little sidewall flex)
7" wide tires 25" in diameter.  To get the tires relatively flat on the
ground, I suspect that I'll need to reduce positive camber.  Should I even
go to negative camber?  The car will be a fun driver, not a race car, but
should be set up for spirited driving.  Do any others out there in the
great beyond have similar sized tires and recommendations for settings? By
reducing camber will I also need to reduce caster so that steering effort
is reasonable?  Or, should the caster be left as is to enhance high speed
straight line stability?

The rear suspension has been entirely replaced with a five link live rear,
so if any front end adjustments or settings were intended to correct for
cross linking from the rear, what changes would be prudent?  What have
others done?

Doug Evans

'67 Coupe with Cad 500 instead of back seat.