[V8Vairs] options and advice

the kidds v8vairs@corvair.org
Sat, 13 Nov 2004 22:10:15 -0500

Never forget doing a frame under conversion.  Lots of leg room.  As much
V8 as you want plus real brakes, power steering, AC and you can pick up
parts at your local pep boys

-----Original Message-----
From: v8vairs-admin@corvair.org [mailto:v8vairs-admin@corvair.org] On
Behalf Of Steve Goodman
Sent: Saturday, November 13, 2004 5:50 PM
To: v8vairs@corvair.org
Subject: Re: [V8Vairs] options and advice

Hello Ken:  Your idea of a turbo'd v6 is good. Probably the only other
engine except a v8 would be a turbocharged 6 except I already have two
of them (Corvair powered of course).  My own thought is that I want the
car to have the sound of the v8 through the exhaust.  The lack of leg
room is a mute point now that the subframes are modified to lower the
alternator and allow the seat to be moved back several inches.  I too
like light weight cars and a 3000 lb car is plenty heavy.  Luckily the
conversions into the CORVAIR are varied and lots of ideas keep coming
around.

Regards, Steve