[V8Vairs] options and advice

v8vairs@corvair.org v8vairs@corvair.org
Mon, 15 Nov 2004 11:15:10 EST

As long as everyone is on the topic...
My ideal engine would be based on the Buick aluminum V8.  There are fifty
ways from Sunday to configure the engine displacement and it's quite easy to do 5
liters.  The neat thing is that you can pick-up a yard-fresh 4.6 Rover and
either use it's existing efi or use the Australian intake conversion to install
a carburetor.  Place in the rear turning a Porsche 915 transaxle and there's
no need to reverse anything.  In my understanding, these things weigh roughly
the same (or less than) a stock Corvair engine.
Craig Nicol